i chose to document the communication of using instagram.
instagram is a channel that displays communication through image and text. i decided to use this as my example because it showcases the ideas in my built model, with the sender being able to send a single message simultaneously on several channels.
1. decide on image content. take picture. [the subject of the images communicate you interests and infer your way of life. the images also cater to the audience intended for the message]
2. test filters. add filter. press next. [putting a filter onto the photo communicates to the receiver different moods/preferences of the sender. the points of view and knowledge of the sender/receiver effect the choice]
3. write a caption. [captions describe or enhance the photo through anchorage or relay, the addition of words communicates more personality/shows a point of view to the receiver]
4. add location. [be as specific as you wish to share, makes message more complex]
5. select where else you would like to display your message. [simultaneously distribute the image and text across multiple social media at one time to promote your message to as many people as possible. several of these channels continue the cycle of communication by being able to share/retweet/repost, gives additional feedback to the success of the message]
6. share. [release your message to the world]
7. feed. [communicates who, what, when, why to the receiver]
8. wait for feedback. [you can tell the success by the likes, or comments; which shows appreciation/appeal to the image]
here’s a video using rhetoric–parody. i used this last semester for my presentation for my art history: food in art class.